• Consider Cost and Time at Resource Consent Stage 17/03/2019

      2019/03/17    Council Consent 役所の許認可, New Home 新築, The Way We Work 仕事のこだわり

    Hi All, The recent trend is that there are many customers who are thinking to subdivide their own land and build new residential buildings. It is necessary to acquire a resource consent (= RC) in order to do land subdivision. Things Commonly Happen At RC Stage Many companies do not spend much time, energy or money on preparing good plans for RC application. Therefore, at the time of a building consent design (= BC) which is the post process of RC, It takes time for them to correct errors and develop details that should have been considered at the RC stage. Common errors found in the BC stage often relates to Height In Relation To Boundary, too much construction costs, room layouts and access to […]

    Continue Reading
  • Shadow Analysis For New Home Development

      2018/01/28    Council Consent 役所の許認可, New Home 新築, The Way We Work 仕事のこだわり

    Hello everyone, We often do a shadow analysis for our new home development to make sure next door buildings have enough access to sunlight. (日本語訳下にあります) (下面有中文的翻译) Shadow Analysis Normally we study the area of shadows cast by our new building for four key dates through a year, namely Summer Solstice, Winter Solstice, Vernal Equinox (Spring) and Autumnal Equinox (Autumn). Here the analysis example for our new home for Summer Solstice when the sun reaches the highest point in the sky. The shadow covers only a small part of the neighbor building and it can access to a plenty of sunlight so it is all fine and also complied with the Council standard. Below is for Winter Solstice when the sun angle is the lowest in the […]

    Continue Reading
  • Resource Consent For Minor Dwellings To Be Approved By August 19

      2016/06/19    Council Consent 役所の許認可 , ,

    Hi everyone, Thanks for visiting Japan Homes blog. (For Japanese please see at the bottom of this post).   There is updated news about building minor dwellings (MD) in Auckland that Resource Consent (RC) for these new buildings needs to be approved by August 19, 2016. For the other posts about Minor Unit: HURRY TO PLAN YOUR GRANNY FLAT!! Minor Unit Project in East of Auckland Proposed Auckland Unitary Plan and RC Application As some of you guys already know Auckland Council is going to introduce a new district plan called “Proposed Auckland Unitary Plan (PAUP)” this year (most likely in September). Currently there is still on-going talk about the details of the new regulations but most likely PAUP will not accept building MDs in […]

    Continue Reading
  • Minor Unit Project in East of Auckland

      2016/04/17    Council Consent 役所の許認可, The Way We Work 仕事のこだわり

    Hi All,   Today I am going to talk about a minor unit + garage project in East Of Auckland which is a very interesting case and should provide helpful info. to those who are considering to build their own minor unit in their land. The Client Needs/Wants: 1 Would like to design and build a 60m2 floor-area minor unit, 40m2 double garage and 20m2 sleepout 2 These are to be all connected under the same roof 3 The garage and sleep out should have their own bathroom 4 Future replacement of a new home with the existing home or subdivision of the land   Initial Japan Homes Concept Design We are very happy to hear this idea of building a new minor unit because […]

    Continue Reading
  • Application For New Minor Units Will Be Banned On Sep 1!!

      2016/04/03    Council Consent 役所の許認可

    Hi Aucklanders,   Application for new minor units There is shocking news that application for building a new minor unit at a private property across Auckland will not be accepted by Auckland Council from September 1, 2016. So if you are considering to build a granny flat at your own property in Auckland you will have to be quick to get your plan ready to lodge with AC. What you have to do for the application is to prepare Resource Consent (RC) for your minor unit plan and lodge it with AC by September 1. However, you dont have to be worried about quick-build of your minor unit as it is just to be built within 5 years since the RC application is accepted so […]

    Continue Reading
  • The NZ Building law gets stricter every year 年々厳しくなる建築の法律

      2015/07/28    Council Consent 役所の許認可

      This month we applied for a Building Consent to change a ground floor space that consists of workshop and garage sized about 60m2 to living space in West Auckland. Currently the space is just large, but our project is a huge renovation that we will install a Japanese bathroom, bedroom, office, living room and mini kitchen that doesn’t have cooking equipment (=BAR). However, recently the council that grants building permission seems to change the correspondence. It becomes harder to obtain permission for a part of renovation, which is BAR AREA. The BAR AREA is a small sink for washing cups, and it was no problem before but now it is highly likely that they don’t allow building BAR AREA. Usually the council response slowly […]

    Continue Reading