Maintenance is critically important if you want your home to have long life and keep its property value.
(Please refer to the previous post describing the importance to have a long life home)
For Example, Houryu Ji temple, which was built in Nara, Japan around 1400 years ago and is the oldest timber building in the world, is still standing in good condition because of regular high levels of maintenance.
We always try to establish a long term relationship with our clients, whom we have built homes for, after construction because good home maintenance can only be done in good collaboration between the home owners and builders like us
Japan Homes After Construction Services
For quality assurance we normally provide these services below.
①Japan Homes’ annual free maintenance
We come to your home once every year to check several parts of the building.
Example of our check includes:
- Silicon sealant around flashing and important junctions
- Bathroom wetarea leaking and junctions
- Hearing from occupants
- Look around the interior and exterior to see any potential issues
- Immediate fixing of minor problems
②10 Years Master Builder Guarantee
This guarantee is only provided by Master Builders and covers structure deficits for 10 years after construction. For more info please visit https://www.masterbuilder.org.nz/
Home owners also have an important role in their home maintenance.
Actually home owners have a legal obligation to maintain their own building.
A key for a long lifetime home is weathertightness so we recommend that our clients regularly check the roof, exterior wall, balcony, deck and any exterior features attached to their dwelling and arrange any repair or maintenance work if needed.
Example of Owner’s check includes:
- Roof: cleaning and recoating. Any metal corrosion?
- Exterior wall: cleaning and paint. Any cracks?
- Windows and Doors. Any damage or sign of leaking at junctions?
- Garden and Yards: trim shrubs and trees around the building
- Appliance check (Kitchen Cooker, Dishwasher, Heat Pump, Underfloor Heating System, Fire Place, Hotwater Cylinder, etc.)
- See BRANTZ’s “Maintaining My Home” website: https://www.maintainingmyhome.org.nz/
Our aim is that Japan Homes and you as a home owner keep to work together in good relationship to maintain your comfortable home in a long period of time.
- Qualification: Degree of Architecture Studies and Graduate Diploma of Psychology (University Of Auckland) ; 2nd Grade Cad Technician (Japan)
Family: Extremely lovely wife, wonderfully kind mother in low, awesomely hardworking chickens, surprisingly lazy cat and unbelievably naughty dog.
I love architecture and design so much that I have been to so many buildings and places around the world such as Sydney Opera House in Sydney, CCTV building in Beijing, Empire State Building in New York, Royal Palace in Bangkok, Houryu-Ji in Nara, etc. However, the residential building attracts me the most. For nearly 10 years I have visited heaps of local and historical homes around New Zealand which I feel the builders’ great workmanship as well as occupants’ life.
From this experience my aim is to design and provide the comfortable and affordable houses with the spirit of Japanese workmanship that people enjoy and improve their quality of life.
In this blog I write my everyday experience of work to show what is a designer’s work and how it goes at Japan Homes.
Any comments or questions are very welcome.
Please let me know!
Other articles from this author
- Interior Design インテリアデザイン2019.07.14Movie Clips: Japan Homes Selections!! 14/07/2019
- New Home 新築2019.06.225 New Homes In Northshore About To Complete 22/06/2019
- New Home 新築2019.06.15Five New Home + Subdivision Project 15/06/2019
- Renovation 改装2019.05.26Council Final Inspection Passed At One Time!! 26/05/2019