Most important ability required for Project Management is to plan the whole construction project = ability for work preparation.
It is to plan the project without any type of waste (time, money, resources, etc.) and troubles.
A project manager needs to understand needs and wants of all relevant parties including clients, the head contractor, SUBs, Neighbors, property Buyers.
After all, if some part of the project is planned unreasonably the project will be eventually delayed or get stack.
Also it is important to understand the whole picture of supply chains.
Major important works needs to be done by a Project Manager
- Develop a detailed project plan with some schedule allowance
- Assign a right job to a right person
- Prepare a backup plan
- Manage project budget
- Manage project schedule
- Communicate relevant parties effectively
Overall, a good Project Manager is capable to do:
- Understand the whole picture of a construction project
- Act systematically based on an effective strategy
- Make things happen
Thank you for reading.
Born in Japan in 1973. At University I learned Japanese History.
After graduation, I worked at a major Dental material company as a top salesman. In 2002 I firstly set my foot on land in New Zealand, and have started to engage in NZ Construction firm since 2004. From the 8 years' experiences at construction sites and sales experiences in Japan, I devote myself to satisfy customers from consultation to construction and after care services.
Within the first 4 years after the foundation, half of Japan Homes' customers were similar ages of mine. So that their life environment such as a number of children were also similar to mine therefore I was able to understand the customers' situations and wants more. Meanwhile there are also many customers of my father's generation, which is always appreciated because I can learn lots of good things from them.
We try our best to provide services that you satisfy, such as schedule, quality and after care service.
"I can trust you with any projects." "You are the man who I can rely on when I am in trouble." I enjoy working to get these words more times and to create as more smiles as possible.
Other articles from this author
- What I feel 自分が感じたこと2019.06.01Ability Required By Project Manager 01/06/2019
- What I feel 自分が感じたこと2019.04.27Business is similar to Team Sports 27/04/2019
- What I feel 自分が感じたこと2019.03.30Your Peace Of Mind Is Most Important 30/03/2019
- The Way We Work 仕事のこだわり2019.03.06Meaning of Construction Company 02/03/2019